The Scoring Tech Talent report is a comprehensive analysis of labour market conditions, costs and qualities for highly skilled tech workers. The top 50 markets in the U.S. and Canada were ranked according to their competitive advantages and appeal to both employers and tech talent.
Vancouver ranked #12, the 2nd highest ranked Canadian city, among the 50 top tech markets analyzed. Here are a few reasons why:
- The 2nd lowest annual operating costs in comparison to the other cities — costing $30.2M USD to operate vs. $62M USD to operate in the highest ranked city (San Francisco).
- Experiencing brain gain where there are more jobs added than tech degrees
- Strong tech labour market pool with an 47.9% increase in total tech talent in 2019
- Balanced level of competitiveness for talent
- Healthy pipeline of tech talent